Wednesday, December 2, 2009

10 things I loved today in Chicago

1. Oatmeal with cranberries, toasted walnuts and brown sugar for breakfast from the Corner Bakery Cafe. I could eat that everyday.

2. Enjoying the Navy Pier with nobody there. The last time I was at Navy Pier was at the Chicago Marathon "after party" when I could hardly get my legs to move and there were what seemed like a million people there. It's much nicer sans the crowd and with appropriate motor function.

3. Browsing at Whole Foods a block from my hotel room.

4. Lounging in a comfy bed with all these fluffy white linens. Do you know how fast fluffy white linens would get disgusting in a real house with a little boy?

5. Enjoying a leisurely lunch with Gisele and Flavio (not so long after a leisurely breakfast with Gisele).

6. Museum gift shops. The museums are sometimes lost on me, but I LOVE museum gift shops. They inspire me to want to appreciate the museum contents better.

7. The possibility of SNOW tonight.

8. Getting inside in the warm after being out in really brisk cold weather. And did I mention I'm in the "windy" city? 30-something degrees with wind blowing off a lake the size of a small European country is bitter. I got my hair cut short a couple weeks ago and my little ears have been frozen.

9. Christmas lights in a big city.

10. Going up to the 94th-floor observatory at the John Hancock Building. Wow. What a view of the lake, the buildings, the city. It was breathtaking.

No comments: