Friday, November 13, 2009

musings

1. Since Jimmy's in Afghanistan, could I sleep one week on my side of the bed and the next week on his side of the bed, thereby delaying the dreaded "change the sheet day" by one full week? Hmmmmm.

2. A year ago, I wrote about attending Mac's school Halloween party, where I learned that one of his classmates was the child of famous supermodel Isabeli Fontana. I immediately went from thinking I looked cute in my Halloween shirt to feeling like a frumpy middle-aged soccer mom. This morning as I was waking from another bad night's sleep, I remembered that and wondered what young Isabeli (she's probably 23 years old now) was up to these days. So I looked her up on Vogue's website. (She was included in a Vogue spread a couple months ago. Normally Target sales circulars are more my fashion reading speed, but I read that Vogue issue because it contained a big interview with SC's philandering, wouldn't-shut-up-about-it governor's wife, so I happened to see Isabeli there.)

So here's a photo of what the supermodel mom is up to lately. Some high-dollar fashion show or something that probably made her a bazillion dollars just for getting out of bed:

And here's what the non-supermodel mom has been up to lately. Meetings with the corn maze's pumpkin delivery man to "dead-drop" checks at odd places and times. And that definitely did not make her a bazillion dollars just for getting out of bed!

No comments: