Thursday, September 3, 2009

can I tell you something I really hate?

I know "hate" is a strong word, but I hate when I call to do something as simple as change the address on my son's college investment plan and I'm told that I can't do that because I'm the account holder's successor and not the account holder. (WHAT?) I hate that when I call our health insurance company to change the address, I'm told I can't because I'm not the policy holder. I hate when I call to cancel our ADT service on our sold Baltimore house and I'm told I can't because I'm not the primary account person listed.

HELLO???

Don't they know who does all the bookkeeping/accounting garbage/tax stuff for all this nonsense? (Answer would NOT be the account holder but rather his successor.) Do they think that the policy holder even knows whether the health insurance claims are coming to our house or that they're being sent to the consulate in Sao Paulo which then forwards them to me here in SC? Do they think he even cares? I can assure them the answer is a resounding NO for the last 2 questions. And do they think I'm really going to ask him to call up Blue Cross Blue Shield from a war zone so his wife can get her dental insurance claims in a more timely manner? You can guess what you think the answer is.

[Note to self: everything that we ever do ever again, any new account, any new service, etc is going to be placed in both of our names if not mine alone.]

This makes me CRAZY.

1 comment:

tia said...

Oh my gosh Susan...your post struck such a chord with me! I am SO in agreement with you and this issue remains on my Top 5 list for the most needlessly bureaucratic and annoying policies of all-time. Seriously...drives me INSANE as well. good luck with that!